Sunday, July 25, 2010

Triple Choc Muffins Mmmmmm

Today I thought I would share with you one of my favourite chocolate muffin recipes! Be warned, you can't stop at one! I have to give credit to a family friend, lets call him... Adam, for sharing this yummy recipe with us! Adam came to me one day saying he had the yummiest muffin recipe. I was like yeah, yeah, because everyone thinks they have the BEST recipe. Needless to say my curiosity got the better of me and now these are my favourite to die for muffins!

Triple Chocolate Muffins
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups self raising flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 3/4 cup caster sugar
  • 90g melted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of milk chocolate bits
  • 1 3/4 cups of milk 
Icing:
  • 1/4 cup icing sugar
  • 125g cream cheese (leave out of the fridge for about 1/2 day to soften)
  • 100g melted milk chocolate
Method
Heat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Put muffin cases in muffin tray or spray if not using cases. Mix sifted self raising flour & cocoa and combine with castor sugar, melted butter, egg, choc chip bits and milk (sometimes I add a splash more milk and yes it's meant to look runny). Spoon mixture into muffin trays and cook for about 25 min. Cool.

Icing
Mix cream cheese, icing and melted chocolate together. (Yes its a bit tough but it builds muscle :-p) and spread onto muffins.

Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails